Image: dplett Stock Photo 49825445
8. More time for exercising or just walking
7. More time for cooking healthy home made meals
6. Lower monthly living expenses so you can spend on what’s most important to you instead
5. More time for personal development so you can grow spiritually and live out your purpose
4. More time to follow and advance in your career or business
3. More resources and time to pursue giving back to charities and causes that inspire you
2. The opportunity to retire from your job earlier than you thought and transition over to your passion/purpose
1. The freedom and opportunity to build a life on your own terms
Also- you don’t have to get into a TINY house to do all this.
You can accomplish these things over time by applying simple living principles to your current life.
Just ask yourself, “what’s the one thing I can do to simplify my life right now that will make things easier and or maybe even unnecessary?”
And see what your brain comes up with!
It might be de-cluttering a drawer, putting away a bunch of papers/mail on your counter, cleaning out your desk…
Or even better ignoring everything (including this article) and spending time with a loved one (or a coworker)!
…or giving away 5 things you own that you don’t really have any use for anymore.
Just remember to start small. Do what you can with what’s in front of you… with what’s easy and obvious.
If you’re at work, for example, maybe it’s to be in the moment and find appreciation for your job so you can bring some purpose back to it?
If you enjoyed these thoughts on simple living you’ll love our free daily tiny house newsletter!